Definitions and Interpretation
Collectively all information that you submit to Severn Classics via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998.
Severn Classics, we or us
Severn Classics, a company incorporated in England and Wales who’s registered office is at Peacocks
Industrial Estate, Providence St, West Midlands, B64 5DG.
User or you
Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Severn Classics and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Severn Classics and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services
The website that you are currently using, Severnclassics.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless
expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a) the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
b) references to sub-clauses, clauses, schedules or appendices are to sub-clauses, clauses, schedules
c) a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d) “including” is understood to mean” Including without limitation”;
e) reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. Without limitation, any of the following data may be collected from you:
b) Date of Birth;
d) Job Title
e) Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
f) Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
g) IP Address (automatically collected)
h) Financial information such as credit/debit card numbers
i) A list of URL’s starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to
Our use of Data
5. For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Severn Classics is the ‘Data Controllor’.
6. We will retain any Data you submit for 12 months.
7. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically
set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and/or
other companies within our group.
8. All Personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
For more details on security, see the clause below.
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best
service and experience when using our Website.
Specificially, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a) Internal record keeping;
b) Improvement of our products/services;
c) Contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone or mail. Such
information may be used to customise or update the Website;
Third party websites and services
10. Severn Classics may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain
processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to
certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
11. Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that
we request. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by
Protection Act 1998.
Links to other websites
12. This Website may, from time to time, provide links to other websites. We have no control over such
to using them.
Changes of business ownership and control
13. Severn Classics may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale
and/or the transfer of control of all or part of Severn Classics. Data provided by Users will, where it is
relevant to any part of our business so transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner
purpose of which it was originally supplied to us.
14. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
15. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
16. Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data.
This may include the following:
a) Use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
b) Sharing Data with third parties
Functionality of the website
17. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
18. You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal data, on payment of a small fee.
19. Data security is of great importance to Severn Classics and to protect your Data we have put in place
suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via
20. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this
21. We endeavor to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over
the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your
Data transmitted to the Website.
is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed
24. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be
deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
25. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales.
All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and
or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website and you are
On occasion, we may gather information about your computer for our services and to provide statistical
information regarding the use of our website to our advertisers. Such information will not identify you personally it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
Similarly to the above, we may gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you. All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website.
downloaded once you click on advertisements on our website.
You may contact Severn Classics by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: February 2018